Hello friends, today we are going to see what are different dental problems, how to avoid them, and more about dental treatment. In short, this blog is all about dental health.
So let’s begin
The very known saying “prevention is always better than cure” is very true in oral health as well. Everyone knows, brushing twice a day keeps germs away. But do we really brush twice a day? Most of the people who have dental issues, admit that they don’t brush twice a day.
So first and foremost precaution to avoid dental problems in future is simply brush twice a day.
1) Gums Health:
There are many dental problems people face such as bad breath, accumulation of plaque, swelling of gums and bleeding from gums.
These problems are mainly due to poor oral hygiene.
If teeth are not cleaned well, they tend to accumulate plaque on its surfaces. This plaque is act as irritation to gums and leads to inflammation of gums and ultimately bleeding from gums.
A thorough cleaning by dentist and instructions followed by patient definitely stops bleeding and initiate formation of healthy gums.
It is recommended that, thorough cleaning and polishing to be done every year to maintain overall health of gums and periodontal tissues.
2) Teeth Cavities: Many times, patients visit the dental offices only when there is Sensitivity/pain in tooth/teeth. Pain is teeth is an advanced stage of decay, where decay reaches to pulp. If patient promptly visit dentist when there is small black spots on teeth, or small cavity on teeth, dentist usually cleans the cavity and restoration with tooth colored restorative material. This small step of cavity filling definitely avoids further extensive treatment of root canal.
We always advice patient to get their dental check up done every year to check if there are any cavities. Also instruct patient how to identify cavities in initial stages and get it filled.
3) Pain and Sensitivity with Tooth: If cavities left untreated, they tend to go deep into tooth and reach pulp tissue, the pulp tissue contains nerves and blood tissue, any irritation to nerve leads to sensitivity and pain. Dentist, after thorough investigation, advice patient for root canal treatment. It’s routine dental procedure most of time done in single visit under local anesthesia.
4) Crowns and Bridges: After root canal treatment, the tooth becomes fragile and tends to break. To strengthen the weakened tooth, dentist advices crowns. There are multiple options for crowns. There are metal crowns (nickel chromium metal), ceramic crowns (porcelain fused metal), zirconia crowns (zirconium) and emax crowns (pressed ceramic)
These crowns strengthen teeth, protect them and increase life of teeth.
When teeth are removed due to any reason, the empty space is filled with bridge. Bridge takes support from adjacent teeth and it’s fixed on these teeth. In this, adjacent teeth are carved in such a way, it receives crowns on them and support bridge.
Crowns and bridges are painless process and done without local anesthesia.
5) Smile Enhancement: Improper cleaning and decay cause loss of healthy tooth structure for front teeth and it directly impacts the aesthetics, phonetics and overall confidence of an individual.
There multiple causes for front teeth decay and sometimes loss of front teeth.
Smile makeover or enhancement is usually extensive treatment considering its aesthetic purpose and outcome. It is done by either composite restoration (tooth color restorative material) or with veneers (laminates) or with crowns (ceramic or zirconia)
Smile correction and enhancement definitely boost confidence in an individual and it changes the way he/she speaks, laughs and talk with others.
We at Microdent Dentistry are expertise in performing such treatments.
6) Full Mouth Rehabilitation: Due to bad oral habits of eating paan, tobacco and gutkha for many years. Teeth loose it’s most of the structure and patient is unable to eat.
In such cases, there is need to restore every tooth, vertical dimensions and temporomandibular joint. It is very meticulous process and require patient cooperation.
It includes, multiple root canal treatments and crowns / bridges to restore healthy smile and overall architecture of oral cavity.
We at Microdent Dentistry have successfully treated such cases with excellent results.
7) Implants: Implants are ideal choice for missing natural tooth / teeth. Implants are placed inside the jaw bone and crowns are placed over them.
There are single implants which restore single tooth, multiple implants to restore multiple teeth, also full mouth rehabilitation is done with multiple implants.
There are many factors to be considered before going for implant surgery. For further details, you can read all about dental implant in our page.
8) Pediatric Dental Treatment: Kids are more tend to have dental problems because of their oral habits.
For appointment you can always contact Microdent Dentistry.
Address: Ground Floor, block 4, Sarvadarshan Housing Society Opposite. Saraswat Bank, Nal Stop, Karve Road, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
Find our clinic: Get Direction